Updated December 17, 2020
Senior Full-Stack Software Developer
Location: McMaster University (Hamilton, Canada)[*]
Term: Full-time position
Apply by: March 15, 2020
Join our team!
Headquartered in Hamilton, Ontario, Vox Pop Labs builds innovative technologies that foster democratic participation. This is a remote role.
We are currently looking for an Senior Full-Stack Software Developer to join our remote team!
This is a full-time position.
Reporting directly to the Technical Lead, you will have the opportunity to be a key contributor in the design and development of our new civic engagement-based online application.
- Support the design and development of customized applications for direct use by our clients
- Manage, prioritize and communicate your workload and tasks to team lead and project stakeholders through-out project execution
- Adaptable developer who is willing and able to take on and learn multiple technologies and their application within our solutions
- Participate in the solution integration testing, quality assurance, debugging and root cause analysis
- Contribute and receive feedback during the development life cycle to improve products and platform
Experience and Education:
- University / College/ Bootcamp education in a computer related course of study or equivalent experience required.
- 2-5 years of working experience in a Software Development role or equivalent
Experience or knowledge of following technologies:
- REST and GraphQL APIs
- Elixir/Phoenix, Python/Django, Ruby/Rails
- SQL and data modelling
- Functional programming
- Must have experience integrating with 3rd party APIs (via REST calls, using OAuth, etc)
- Must have experience with accessibility, web application performance testing, responsive design for mobile
- Nice to have: experience with D3.js and three.js
- Nice to have: experience implementing front-end design from Photoshop, Sketch, Figma or equivalent
- Nice to have: experience within Agile development teams
- Nice to have: experience with DevOps, Amazon Web Services
- A proactive self-starter with strong communication and organizational skills
- Must have strong understanding of the software development lifecycle, particularly for web-based applications
- Ability to become proficient with numerous languages, tools and technologies related to both back-end and front-end development
- Full-time remote position
- Excellent opportunity for mentorship, on-the-job learning to grow your skill set
- Small-team, start-up culture that allows you to make an impact in your role and our team immediately
- Support from a diverse and highly talented team to help you reach your goals
- An inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
As an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Candidates are open to apply for this role by e-mailing their cover letter and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org with the e-mail subject: “Senior Full-Stack Software Developer”.
We will begin reviewing applications on March 15, 2021. Applications received after this date will be accepted until the position is filled, but to ensure full consideration applicants are advised to submit all supporting materials by the above deadline.
[*] Position will be fully remote until at least mid-2021 due to campus closures resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic.